Dimension Design, Build, Remodel Inc, one of Wisconsin’s leading custom home building and residential/commercial addition and remodeling firms is growing quickly and seeks a project manager to join our design/build team. The right candidate will help our company maintain its high level of service we are known for and help our team grow into the future with the new opportunities available to us! This is a new position and one that affords great opportunity for the right candidate to become a key member of our team with opportunities for advancement and continued growth in the industry.
If you are hardworking, self-motivated, and detail oriented, plus possess strong leadership and communication skills and want to become a key member of our team, you are the ideal candidate. You must enjoy working alongside and with others and thrive in a team environment.
Required skills and traits:
- Manage all aspects of the construction of new homes and residential and commercial addition and remodeling projects.
- Communicate with the design team on the front end to develop preliminary design drawing budgets.
- Send out construction document bid packages to subcontractors and vendors to finalize construction contracts.
- Create, manage, and track job schedules to ensure timely project completion.
- Able to read and accurately interpret blueprints and building specifications.
- Set up jobs on the front end to ensure the project is ready to start on the scheduled start date to include ordering materials, obtaining permits, dumpster delivery, and temp protection as the job dictates.
- Write and execute subcontracts and purchase orders.
- Ensure timely approvals of material selections from design team and customers to ensure materials are on site when needed.
- Manage project budgets.
- Write and execute customer change orders.
- Regularly communicate with customers throughout the project to ensure expectations and contractual obligations are met and their experience with our company is exceptional.
- Respond to all customer, subcontractor, and vendor emails or phone calls in timely manner.
- Problem-solve all jobsite challenges to ensure proper resolution with subcontractors and customers.
- Communicate with the design team throughout the project to ensure accurate interpretation of design drawings.
- Be the central point of communication for the entire construction team for subcontractors and vendors to ensure the schedule is maintained and all project challenges are quickly resolved to minimize any delays or cost overruns.
- Submit customer invoices and collect payments to ensure timely payments as dictated by the contract payment schedule.
- Ensure payments are received by the accounting team for proper deposit.
- Approve subcontractor and material vendor invoices to ensure timely and accurate payments.
- Work with local inspectors to ensure all inspections are called in and approved.
- Manage jobsites to ensure the build clean system is operational and that jobsites are always kept clean and orderly by our tradespeople and vendors.
- Computer skills required include project management and accounting software to properly manage schedules and project budgets. Previous knowledge of Buildertrend project management software and Quickbooks accounting software is not required but helpful.
- Create and execute punch lists to ensure all work completed meets our high standards.
- Ensure all job closeout paperwork is executed.
- Meet profit margin goals.
- Maintain existing and develop new relationships with subcontractors and vendors.
- Be a part of the sales team and always look for more opportunities to sell our services.
- Travel daily to job sites in the greater Milwaukee area as needed to maintain proper site management of the entire construction process, maintain quality control, and minimize the impacts of the challenges that arise by problem solving and communicating with the team in a positive way.
- Be active in local NARI and MBA events to establish new industry relationships and improve skills through continuing education opportunities.
- Be willing to help setup, complete takedown, and work the local trade shows our company takes part in, including the NARI Tour of Remodeled Homes, the NARI spring and fall shows, the MBA Parade of Homes, The Step Beyond Green to Healthy events, and the spring Realtors’ Home and Garden Show.
This is a full-time salaried position with bonus opportunities and paid time off. Salary will be based on the experience and expertise that the candidate has. All applicants must have their own form of transportation with a valid driver’s license. Previous construction experience is preferred. For more information, please email your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.