The bathroom is one of the most-used rooms in your house. A bathroom renovation should improve how the room functions for you and your family, as well as how it looks. The team of experienced designers at Dimension Design-Build-Remodel, Inc. describe the most popular bathroom updates for comfort and value.
Is your bathroom outdated? If you have pastel porcelain, framed shower doors, carpet, wallpaper, insufficient lighting, or chrome finishes, it’s time for a fresh look.
According to Dimension Inc. president and CEO David Kallie, you don’t have to choose sleek and ultramodern. He said, “An out-of-date bathroom can be updated with modern amenities and still keep a timeless, traditional bathroom design.”
Add much-needed style and beauty with these popular bathroom updates:
- Neutral color scheme of taupes, grays, or whites, with subtle pops of color
- New hardware finished in warm copper, brushed nickel, oil-rubbed bronze, or matte black
- Countertops in quartz, marble, or a solid surface material
- Freestanding bathtub (or no bathtub!)
- Upgraded tile
- Luxury shower with frameless glass shower doors
- Track lighting, recessed lighting, or skylights to brighten the room
For a clean, calming bathroom, you need places to stash all the clutter. From closets to cabinets to shelves, Dimension finds creative solutions to meet your storage needs. Kallie said, “Custom, built-in cabinetry. Shelves between the sinks. Hooks for towels and robes. Baskets and cubbies for washcloths and toiletries. Dual-purpose mirror. We can get you the storage you need, in a way that adds to the bathroom’s design appeal.”
Smart & Efficient Bathroom Features
Some bathroom features should be updated for better efficiency. “You’d be surprised how eco-friendly and smart your bathroom can be,” Kallie said. Such features include:
- Smart toilet with self-cleaning function, seat warmer, touch-free lids and flush, automatic deodorizer, and speakers
- Water-saving toilet that uses 1.3 gallons per flush or less with equal or superior performance
- Hands-free faucet with water-saving aerator
- Interactive LED mirror that displays time and weather, answers questions, and more
- Smart shower where the water temperature, flow rate, and more are controlled with a smart device
- Radiant floor heating system and heated towel bars
- Shower benches, handheld showerheads, grab bars, and other universal design enhancements
“Most people don’t give a lot of thought to their bathroom fan,” Kallie said. “It isn’t exciting, but upgrading your vent fan is extremely beneficial for improving airflow and wicking away moisture.”
A bathroom that is beautiful, functional, and updated can only improve your quality of life and your home’s resale value. Are you ready to do something about your outdated bathroom? The Dimension team would be happy to meet with you to discuss popular bathroom updates for comfort and value. Call 262-402-6602 or complete our contact form to get your project started.